At Quba Institute our mission is to create an inclusive educational environment that employs 21st Century Learning Models . We aim is to scaffold the intellectual, spiritual, emotional, physical, ethical development and holistic wellness of the entire student body. We earnestly endeavor to promote just and caring learning spaces that will support all students scholarly, entre preneurial and vocational aspirations. Our hope is that all students are exceptionally equipped to explore career and work readiness opportunities in high school and beyond. We diligently nurture tolerance, innovative thought, computer literacy, creative e xpressions, inclusivity, global citizenship, interfaith dialogue and essential soft skills development. We prepare our students for active civic engagement in the community of humankind. We empower the entire school family with voice. We embrace and celebr ate the plurality of their agency. At Quba Institute our mantra is: “Smart is Not Something You Are. Smart is Something You Become’ (Howard, 2005). Every link of the organization coalesces to promote optimal student outcomes and life long successes.
POINTS OF PRIDE
• Sh. Nafea Muhaimin National Honor Society High
School Chapter Est. 2005.
• Sr. Nafea Scholars National Honor Society Middle
School Chapter Est. 2012.
• STEAM Accomplishments: Our students have
consistently placed in the Top Winners Circle in the
annual citywide George Washington Carver
Science Fair Competition, Local Arts & Robotics
Contests. Tech & Coding learning opportunities.
• Moral Education Programming.
• White House Acknowledgement: In 2012 Quba
Institute was selected by the White House to
present the Presidential Martin Luther King Jr.
Drum Major for Service Award to several school
• Experiential Learning Opportunities.
• Literacy Hallmarks: Students have routinely placed as
finalists and winners in local writing contests
sponsored by the Nathaniel Sabir Foundation and
Islamic Heritage Foundation.
• Master Poetry Workshops: Students in 4th-8th
Grades participate in bi-weekly Master Poetry
• The Arts in Schools Partnerships.
• Read Across America Event: The whole school
participates in the annual national Read Across
America event that honors the power of reading
and the literary contributions of Dr. Seuss.
• Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign: We sponsor a
Go Pink Annual Breast Cancer Awareness
Outreach Day supported by the Susan Komen
• Heart Health Awareness Event: We sponsor a Go
Red Annual Heart Health Awareness Outreach
Day supported by the American Heart
• Fire Prevention Awareness Campaign: The City of
Philadelphia Fire Department supports our Fire Prevention informational Programs and Home Safety
• Sickle Cell Anemia Awareness: Informational
Distribution Campaign. The school family
participates in the annual Walter E. Brandon
Sickle Cell Awareness Fundraising 5K
Walk/Run supported by the American Sickle
Cell Anemia Association.
• Earth Day Program: We celebrate Earth Day with our
annual Love Our Earth awareness program.
• Teaching Giving: We participate in the Leukemia and
Lymphoma Society's Pasta for Pennies annual
charity fundraising campaign.
• Interfaith Center of Greater Philadelphia: Student
Service Learning Partnerships.
• National & Global Humanitarian Outreach Projects:
Students design, lead and actively participate
in urgent local, national and global
* Application: Academic, Social-Emotional, Behavioral and Social Services Records Review. * Interview with student and parent/guardian. * Academic & Personal References.
We honor all current Federal, State and Local school security mandates and initiatives. We have 360 Security Systems to monitor the school grounds. To uphold the safety and well being of our students, staff and the school campus at all times we execute a 100% Positive Identity Verification Protocols.
Accreditations and Honors
National Junior Honor Society Sh. Nafea Muhaimin Scholars Chapter Established in 2012; National Honor Society Sh. Nafea Muhaimin High School Chapter Est. in 2003; Commonwealth of Pennsylvania House of Representatives Citation -(2000) for the organization belief that knowledge must be tempered with spiritual guidance and moral responsibility; Philadelphia City Council Citation (1995) for educational services to the community; Commonwealth of Pennsylvania House of Representatives Citation (1995) for educational services to the community
At Quba Institute we believe in experiential learning opportunities. Throughout the school term, field trips are imbedded in the instructional programming. We encourage whole family field trip participation. We encourage intergenerational family engagement across school activities.
QIPFO is our Parent/Guardians-Staff Organization. parents are active participants in various school activities. The thoughts and opinions of staff members, students, parents and guardians are embraced and respected. At Quba Institute the entire school family has voice and agency. The School family supports a multitude of charities, arts and civic activities. Extended Programming Details Extended Day Programming: November -May-
• Title I: Reading and Mathematics Tutorial Services are offered to all eligible students.
• Sh. Nafea Qur'aan Academy:
• Qur'aanic Hiz Program: Admission Requirements Exist.
• Parent Programs
• Parents After School Volunteers;Parents Classroom Volunteers;Parents Home and School Association;Parents School Advisory
• Family/Home Association Link
• Other Parent Programs
• Adult Classes in Religious Studies & Arabic Courses.